Wednesday 29 June 2011

Anthony Browne


 Anthony Browne doesn't really need introduction. He is an internationally acclaimed author and illustrator of children's books, with nearly 40 titles to his name.
Gorillas feature in many of Anthony's books. He says, 'I am fascinated by them and the contrast they represent – their huge strength and gentleness. They're thought of as being very fierce creatures and they're not.'
There is A LOT written about him, so I will not talk much, I just wanted to show you some of his illustrations!









During his time as Children's Laureate, Anthony promoted the importance of picture books and children's illustration. He was keen to encourage children to be creative and use their imaginations, and to support the development of visual as well as verbal literacy. This is how the Shape Game appeared!
This is a fantastic game and everybody who has a child should try and play it! It is a lot of fun!!! You can even play it online here!

I have been lucky enough to meet Anthony personally and even to have dinner with him. He is an extremely inspirational and interesting person! My son loved him too! He was telling Anthony loads of jokes and I was petrified that he might say something inappropriate :)

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of his work. My son who is autistic is in love with his books too. He ends his day looking at Willy Dreams.The whole Willy series is wonderful and I hope he does more!

    ReplyDelete