Thursday 8 September 2011

Daria Jabenko

I have found this artist several years ago on Illustrationweb and absolutely fell in love with her dreamy, poetic, and inspiring work! And now I have a very good reason to share my find with you. But I will tell you about it  just a little bit later.

First, meet Daria Jabenko! Isn't she gorgeous?!


I could write  a long essay about her illustrations and her style, but I think she says much better about it herself:
"Illustration for me is a world of dreams. It is a chance to cause a sensation, to honor imagination and create something that might touch the soul and be remembered in the mind's eye.
Every illustration has a personality. The palette of colors can be sensuous and complex, or sleek, simple and gleaming, but above all, unexpected, potent and creatively ambitious. The invented world should be a place to go to that's familiar, almost nostalgic, yet strange and new."










And now back to the reason why today is a great day to share these fantastic images with you! Daria also has a blog! And recently she had a little competition going on there. She was asking people what inspires them. The winner was to receive a beautiful signed matted print with her illustration. And I WON!!! I have never won anything in my life!!!! So, today I am extremely happy and full of anticipation!!!!

2 comments:

  1. glad i dropped by to discover such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she is fantastic!! Thank you for posting about this fab artist, and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete